[lfs-support] Glibc test error - Generating locale de_DE.ISO-8859-1

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Wed Apr 13 13:32:35 PDT 2016

> Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:56:12 -0400
> From: Nathan Bibb <nathanbibb at gmail.com>
> Subject: [lfs-support] Glibc test error - Generating locale de_DE.ISO-8859-1
>
> I am building LFS version 7.9 (stable) on a very outdated machine, and
> everything was going well until Chapter 6.9 Glibc-2.23.
>
> I am building on a Debian 7.5 host, and I have attached the output of
> version-check.sh.  [...]

version-check output looks ok (it would've been ok to just post it
inline). Just to check while in this area: did 'library-check.sh'
output look ok?

	.
	.
> Any help you can provide would be appreciated.  If no one has a clue, I
> will just move forward with 'make install' and see what happens :)

You'd likely just hit a blizzard - or brick wall - of errors: NB that
glibc is pretty fundamental; and it needs to be gotten correct. So
it's at least good that you reported this error at this stage: are
you extra-sure that you have not made any mistakes - incl perhaps
not seeing error(s) - before this stage.

akh