[lfs-support] Glibc test error - Generating locale de_DE.ISO-8859-1

Nathan Bibb nathanbibb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:22:31 PDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 4:32 PM, akhiezer <lfs65 at cruziero.com> wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:56:12 -0400
> > From: Nathan Bibb <nathanbibb at gmail.com>
> > Subject: [lfs-support] Glibc test error - Generating locale
> de_DE.ISO-8859-1
> >
> > I am building LFS version 7.9 (stable) on a very outdated machine, and
> > everything was going well until Chapter 6.9 Glibc-2.23.
> >
> > I am building on a Debian 7.5 host, and I have attached the output of
> > version-check.sh.  [...]
>

> version-check output looks ok (it would've been ok to just post it
> inline). Just to check while in this area: did 'library-check.sh'
> output look ok?
>
> Yes, library-check was fine as well.  All 3 libraries were not found, as
expected:

libgmp.la: not found
libmpfr.la: not found
libmpc.la: not found

>         .
>         .
> > Any help you can provide would be appreciated.  If no one has a clue, I
> > will just move forward with 'make install' and see what happens :)
> >

> You'd likely just hit a blizzard - or brick wall - of errors: NB that
> glibc is pretty fundamental; and it needs to be gotten correct. So
> it's at least good that you reported this error at this stage: are
> you extra-sure that you have not made any mistakes - incl perhaps
> not seeing error(s) - before this stage.

I cannot be positive that I didn't miss errors prior to this, but I did try
to be careful about it.  I don't have the full output of the commands that
have run up to this point, so I can't really verify.  Is it typical to pipe
output to log files while building LFS, or is there some place I can check
that I'm not aware of?