[lfs-support] Glibc test error - Generating locale de_DE.ISO-8859-1

Nathan Bibb nathanbibb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:49:03 PDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 6:28 PM, Nathan Bibb <nathanbibb at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am actually re-running the steps for glibc now, so maybe I will have
> more information to help troubleshoot.  I deleted the extracted folder,
> re-extracted from the source archive, and closely followed the steps in the
> chapter.  I configured without an issue and I am now running 'make'.  I did
> not pipe the output to a log file, unfortunately, but I will make sure I
> capture the tail of the make output.  It should be done in about 8 or 9
> hours.
>

>> I re-ran everything, with exactly the same results.  I saved the output
of 'make check' to a log file, but I am not sure what help that will be.

At this point I think I am a bit stuck.  I see my options as:
1. Continue with the install and see what horrible mess I get into;
2. Stop the process now and admit that the Pentium MMX is just too old to
run a modern linux platform built from scratch.

Unless anyone has any other suggestions for troubleshooting, I may go with
option 1 before declaring defeat with option 2.  A possible third option
would be to review my bash history and verify that all commands were
entered properly - I might try that first.  But any suggestions are welcome.