[lfs-support] systemd-231: Cannot resolve properly using the stub resolver

Wayne Blaszczyk wblaszcz at bigpond.net.au
Wed Oct 5 03:43:44 PDT 2016

The instructions on how to install systemd-231 involves the following instruction.

Fix a broken symlink created by the systemd installation process:

rm -fv /etc/resolv.conf
ln -s ../lib/systemd/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf

If I do this, it breaks DNS resolving. I find that more than half of the urls that I visit (via firefox) do not work.

If I revert back to to the old way,
ln -s /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf
then everything works fine.
Has no one come across this?

I've found the following that matches my symptoms to a tee:

Regards,
Wayne.