[lfs-support] Grub2 won't boot new UEFI LFS build

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 30 18:09:41 PDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 07:52:19PM -0500, Douglas R. Reno wrote:
> I might be *wildly* wrong here, but are you sure that Grub2 supports UEFI?
> I remember discussions about rEFInd in the past.
>
> Dan McGhee wrote a hint about it here:
>
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/lfs-uefi.txt

>From memory, grub2 supports it in some form if it is built for it -
that is not how we build grub2 in LFS, I assume Jacob already made
whatever build changes are needed.

I say 'in some form' because there appear to be issues with
different UEFI implementations - even in the kernel itself.  I think
old intel macs - 32bit EFI but 64bit kernel, current intel macs
(64/64) and current windows all behave slightly differently.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods