[lfs-support] TzData2016f extracting question

Jared lima jared.lima.alkali at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 19:02:00 PDT 2016

I have already asked this but i figured i should make a dedicated post for
this, plus my question still hasnt exactly been answered

Using LFS 7.10 stable,

Chapter 5.3, the part where you extract all the downloaded packages before
compiling.

When i extract the tzdata2016f.tar.gz archive, it puts all the contents
into the source directory /mnt/lfs/sources , aka the folder where all the
downloaded packages are.

it doesn't create its own "protected" directory for all the files like all
the other packages make.

so im a bit confused if thats normal or not.  i was told that the book
extracts tzdata from within the glibc-2.24/build directory.

so should i just move on, and let the extracted files rest inside the "root
directory" of the location of all the extracted sources (/mnt/lfs/sources),
or do i need to create a directory for tzdata2016f and change the
permissions to what the others are?

im sorry, this stuff is just a bit confusing to me.