[lfs-support] Differenfe Between the GCC of Chapter 5 and the one of Chapter 6

Samuel Tyler samuel.tyler at education.nsw.gov.au
Mon Oct 31 17:32:22 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 1 November 2016, Michele Bucca <michele.bucca at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The cross-toolchain is extremely stripped down, and doesn't include
> several libraries that many packages will need to compile. It is also setup
> for a different target - we do that to isolate the final system from the
> host and ensure that there are no dependencies on libraries from the host.
>
> Can These libraries that are not included  be added later and built
> separately?

I have never tried, but I would say it would require a lot of
customisation, basically I would say it is so hard, but probably possible.
You would need to edit current binaries, adjust config, and if you want to
delete /tools, well you get the idea.

--
Samuel Tyler
This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain privileged information or confidential information or both. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.