[lfs-support] LFS-8.2: 6.12. File-5.32

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 3 12:13:03 PDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 01:44:49PM -0400, Baho Utot wrote:
> Having a bit of bad luck with this:
>
> configure:3735: gcc -qversion >&5
> gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-qversion'; did you mean
> '--version'?
> gcc: fatal error: no input files
> compilation terminated.
> configure:3746: $? = 1
> configure:3766: checking whether the C compiler works
> configure:3788: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
> configure:3792: $? = 0
> configure:3840: result: yes
> configure:3843: checking for C compiler default output file name
> configure:3845: result: a.out
> configure:3851: checking for suffix of executables
> configure:3858: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  >&5
> configure:3862: $? = 0
> configure:3884: result:
> configure:3906: checking whether we are cross compiling
> configure:3914: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  >&5
> configure:3918: $? = 0
> configure:3925: ./conftest
> ./configure: line 3927: ./conftest: No such file or directory
> configure:3929: $? = 127
> configure:3936: error: in `/usr/src/Octothorpe/BUILD/file-5.32':
> configure:3938: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
> See `config.log' for more details

Configure doesn't normally produce that amount of output, that looks
as if you have selected certain lines from config.log ?

> I am building in /usr/src/Octothrope/BUILD/ as I am building with rpmbuild.
> This has not been a problem in LFS 8.1.  I am updating my LFS-8.1 build to
> LFS 8.2 and have only changed the difference between the two handbooks.
>
> Any hints to what has occurred?

Sorry, no.  I did wonder about "disk full", but if you are running
as root then that only fails when the disk really _is_ full, so
config.log would not have been fully written.

Usually, "only changed the difference" suggests that the builder
missed something.  But in this case, I find it hard to imagine that
any of the major changes (adding libffi, meson, ninja, python3,
openssl) have affected file, which I generally class in Rincewind
style as "boring" (and much-appreciated because of that).

Do you get the same problem with whichever version was in 8.1, or
with the current 5.33 ?

PS - we call them versions of the book, or releases.  The word
'handbook' implies a certain non-GPL'd OS ;-)

ĸen
--
              Keyboard not found, Press F1 to continue