[lfs-support] Booting LFS with systemd

Frans de Boer frans at fransdb.nl
Thu Jul 5 12:48:16 PDT 2018

On 06/30/2018 01:29 PM, Hazel Russman wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 01:25:29 -0400
> Michael Shell <list1 at michaelshell.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 16:06:00 +0800
>> Xi Ruoyao <ryxi at stu.xidian.edu.cn> wrote:
>>
>>> Now I only use "initrd" directive to update CPU microcode and fix the
>>> buggy ACPI DSDT of my laptop (another sad story).

>> And as there now seems to be several people who suffer with the
>> ACPI DSDT driver bug, you guys should make sure upstream is aware
>> of the problem, if they aren't already.

>>    Cheers,
>>
>>    Mike
>>
>> --
> I did a git bisect on my system, but I couldn't make much sense of the result. The commit it finally settled on didn't seem to have anything to with acpi.
>
> [quote]
> Bisecting: 2 revisions left to test after this (roughly 1 step)
> [9af9b94068fb1ea3206a700fc222075966fbef14] x86/cpu/AMD: Handle SME reduction in physical address size
>
> Bisecting: 0 revisions left to test after this (roughly 1 step)
> [33c2b803edd13487518a2c7d5002d84d7e9c878f] x86/mm: Remove phys_to_virt() usage in ioremap()
>
> Bisecting: 0 revisions left to test after this (roughly 0 steps)
> [7744ccdbc16f0ac4adae21b3678af93775b3a386] x86/mm: Add Secure Memory Encryption (SME) support
> [unquote]
>
> I sent the result to the kernel acpi development list but never got an answer. If someone else on this list wants to try, I can send him my complete bisect logs.
>
> --
> Hazel
This quite frustrating. After recompiling, following the book to the
letter, I still get a frozen LFS system.
One thing I do note however is that the freezing always occurs after
systemd has detected that it is on a virtual machine. A number of error
messages is send, but due to ratelimiting I can't see them because they
are suppressed.

I had even rebuild everything with systemd-232, and that worked as
before. But after 232, things started to behave strange. Now way to
debug systemd, whatever I do....

Help?
Frans.