[lfs-support] Booting LFS with systemd

Michael Shell list1 at michaelshell.org
Fri Jul 6 02:32:43 PDT 2018

On Fri, 06 Jul 2018 15:44:19 +0800
Xi Ruoyao <ryxi at stu.xidian.edu.cn> wrote:

> There is message from systemd crash handler (showing a SIGABRT and dumping
> core), but there is no welcome message.  So the problem should be in
> mount_cgroup_controllers.
>
> There IS a way to debug systemd - adding log_info into systemd source code
> to output key variables and debug messages.  I was one of the ACM/ICPC
> contestants who are very familiar with this ``debugging technique".  This
> technique often outperforms GDB in programming contests. :)

  Xi,

That is really good stuff to know! However, I don't understand what you
mean by "adding log_info into systemd source code". How exactly do you
do that? e.g., a debug option the source configure script, a manual
alteration of source code (and how/where), etc.

If it is a cgroup issue, it is required that the kernel be built with:

CONFIG_CGROUPS (it is OK to disable all controllers)

  Mike