[lfs-support] Should the man page names have the triplet as a prefix?

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 07:53:37 PDT 2018

Like
aarch64-lfs-linux-gnu-as.1
or did I screw up again?

In  /mnt/lfs/tools/bin I have a  set of executables with names like
aarch64-lfs-linux-gnu-as and in
/mnt/lfs/tools/aarch64-lfs-linux-gnu/bin there's another set with
normal names.  Neither are symlinks to the other.

As the lfs user env says:
LC_ALL=POSIX
LFS=/mnt/lfs
NO_AT_BRIDGE=1
PWD=/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-2.30/build
HOME=/home/lfs
LFS_TGT=aarch64-lfs-linux-gnu
TERM=rxvt-unicode-256color
SHLVL=1
PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
PS1=\h\$
_=/usr/bin/env
OLDPWD=/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-2.30

I just finished /lfs/chapter05/binutils-pass1.html  I didn't try very
hard to figure out what

case $(uname -m) in
  x86_64) mkdir -v /tools/lib && ln -sv lib /tools/lib64 ;;
esac

Is for because I'm not an x86_64 user.  Should I have done something
similar for aarch64?  It links something, that's all I know.

These are just temporary files but if there's a problem I should fix
it before I go on.  Binutils build went fine until I poked around in
mc to see what had gotten created.