[links-list] links "requests"

Ian Miller imiller at csd.abdn.ac.uk
Mon Mar 27 06:25:33 PST 2000

Two things that, for me, make links less usuable than lynx are:-

	1) it's not possible to 'refresh' with CTRL-L when some
	   idiot has put up a jpeg that can't be displayed with
           'xv' or 'xli'

	2) it's not possible to cut-and-paste text to and from the
           links window (e.g. to paste in a URL, or to copy a portion
	   of text to your mail window etc.)

	[ 3) also, bookmarks would be nice, but I know you are working on
	    these - it would nice too if you could share lynx bookmarks
	    that would make the transition between the two easier! ]

Does the mouse-driven nature of links prevent a solution to problem 2) ?
links is, nevertheless, excellent of course! (although it could do with
a better name - how about the Czech equivalent of 'links' or 'lynx' (the
animal) ? 'links' is just too confusing!

cheers,
ian

--
| ian miller; research student;       | "With the utmost respect, I must, if  |