[links-list] -dump option?!

Alexander Mai st002279 at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Mar 29 06:43:51 PST 2000

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 04:37:13PM +0200, Cliff Cunnington wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 03:28:43PM +0200, Alexander Mai wrote:
> | lynx has a -dump option (or similar) to render HTML to simple
> | text (ASCII or whatever).
> | Did I miss something like that in links and - if so - "should"
> | it be implemented?
>
> Not in 0.8x, but in Links-current the menu
> option "File > Save formatted document" produces
> output in a similar way; but to a file (not STDOUT).
>
> If you are not using links-current -- I guess it will be in 0.9x.

Ok, i.e. core functionality is here - fine!
But "-dump" has a big advantage, you can use it to convert documentation
(or whatever) from the commandline, e.g. in batch files, which
is sometimes really helpful.
Perhaps I should take a look in the sources myself, but don't
feel like spending much time currently ...

--
Alexander Mai
st002279 at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de