[links-list] links text output (Re: -dump option?!)

Alexander Mai st002279 at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Mar 29 06:53:34 PST 2000

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 04:37:13PM +0200, Cliff Cunnington wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 03:28:43PM +0200, Alexander Mai wrote:
> | lynx has a -dump option (or similar) to render HTML to simple
> | text (ASCII or whatever).
> | Did I miss something like that in links and - if so - "should"
> | it be implemented?
>
> Not in 0.8x, but in Links-current the menu
> option "File > Save formatted document" produces
> output in a similar way; but to a file (not STDOUT).

Hmm, tried it.
I think it's different from lynx' way of rendering, since links
tries to produce almost graphical output. The file contains some
control (or whatever) characters and at least on the linux machine
used a "cat file_saved_by_links" produces a somewhat strange looking
output of a (rather complex) page.

--
Alexander Mai
st002279 at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de