[links-list] Downloaded files are not in binary mode

Chris Croughton chris at keris.net
Mon Jun 4 06:09:15 PDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 02:21:48PM +0200, Mikulas Patocka wrote:

> The rest of the code is written with assumption that exactly one of OS2,
> WIN32, BEOS, UNIX macros is defined, so it would be best to undefine UNIX
> or change it to something not conflicting.

Could do that, it would need to be in a header file I guess.  But you
still need to distinguish between WIN32  and Cygwin because Cygwin has
real pipes.

> BTW. does Cygwin have threads? Would it be possible to use them? Links is
> forking to do lookups and to wait for user viewers and I guess WIN32
> doesn't have copy-on-write.

Cygwin does 'proper' forking, it works fine.  It's not quite as
efficient as Unix (it just does a full copy, rather than copy on write)
but Unix utilities normally compile and run fine.

Chris C