[links-list] links 0.95 on openbsd 2.8 running the pcvt (vt220) driver?

Matt Ackeret mattack at area.com
Wed Jun 6 16:37:04 PDT 2001

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, clemensF wrote:
>
>> hi.  i made links 0.95 the other day on my newly installed openbsd 2.8 and
>> the make went fine, but on startup the screen is cleared, the cursor homed
>> and nothing else happens.
>
>Did you press ESCAPE to see the menu?
>Or press "g" to then enter a URL to fetch?

I *really* think that some sort of help screen should come up by default..

Or possibly even a pine-ish permanent menu bar (until you configure it to
be off until you hit escape).  (I know pine doesn't have a menu bar, I just
mean that it shows you the menu choices until you turn it off -- btw, I
couldn't stand it if I couldn't turn this off in pine -- but it is GREAT
to be there for new users, and let advanced people turn it off.)