[links-list] http authorization

XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Sun Jun 10 06:29:14 PDT 2001

Date sent:      	Sun, 10 Jun 2001 01:19:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:           	Mikulas Patocka <mikulas at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
To:             	Dominik Geisel <listing at babbotec.org>
Copies to:      	links-list at appwatch.com
Subject:        	Re: [links-list] http authorization

> > just found links and am replacing w3m right now. But how do I access
> > sites that require http authorization? I get the server error
> > message immediately and links does not ask for a username/password.
>
> links does not support http authorization.

 Is there any chance you'll find a way to correct the previous
problems and re-enable it before officially releasing a new version?
I'm using some 0.94 pre-release (OS/2) version right now (which
contains this support); I'd like to upgrade to a newer version sooner
or later, but this won't be possible before this problem is solved.

                        Thanks

                                     Tomas Hajny, XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz