[links-list] Strange problem

Alexander Mai st002279 at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jun 11 04:34:27 PDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 01:16:39PM +0200, Mikulas Patocka wrote:

> It seems to be bug in server that replies with HTTP 0.9 protocol when it
> receives request from the proxy.
>
> Sadly I don't know about any HTTP 0.9 server, so I can't write HTTP 0.9
> support.
>
> Mikulas

Citing:
  http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/rfc1945.html

This document defines both the 0.9 and 1.0 versions of the HTTP protocol. Applications sending
Full-Request or Full-Response messages, as defined by this specification, must include an
HTTP-Version of "HTTP/1.0".

HTTP/1.0 servers must:

    recognize the format of the Request-Line for HTTP/0.9 and HTTP/1.0 requests;
    understand any valid request in the format of HTTP/0.9 or HTTP/1.0;
    respond appropriately with a message in the same protocol version used by the client.

HTTP/1.0 clients must:

    recognize the format of the Status-Line for HTTP/1.0 responses;
    understand any valid response in the format of HTTP/0.9 or HTTP/1.0.

But I can't comment on this further ...

--
Alexander Mai
st002279 at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de