[links-list] Problem with forms?!

Khimenko Victor khim at sch57.msk.ru
Fri Jun 15 04:51:58 PDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Alexander Mai wrote:

> Hello,
>
> (did I report his earlier??)
>
> When I press' accept' on
>   http://www.opengroup.org/austin/login.html
> I would expect the login dialog (username, password) to come up,
> but I get immediate the error message, that the login failed.
>
> Not sure whether the login should finally work, but I think
> at least the dialog form could come up?!

Huh ? I just checked - it's NOT form. It's http authorisation request.
And only few days ago it was discussed already. Summary:
-- cut --
> > links does not support http authorization.
>
>  Is there any chance you'll find a way to correct the previous
> problems and re-enable it before officially releasing a new version?
> I'm using some 0.94 pre-release (OS/2) version right now (which
> contains this support); I'd like to upgrade to a newer version sooner
> or later, but this won't be possible before this problem is solved.

If someone cleans it up, it can be. If not, it won't be there.

Mikulas
-- cut --

So all is Ok - it's not bug, it's [mis]feature :-/

P.S. Hmm. At least this problem WAS discussed :-/ Last time I asked about
"HTTP over META" bug I was simply ignored (even if I attached patch to fix it).