[links-list] Problem with forms?!

Alexander Mai st002279 at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jun 15 05:00:30 PDT 2001

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 03:51:58PM +0400, Khimenko Victor wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Alexander Mai wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > (did I report his earlier??)
> >
> > When I press' accept' on
> >   http://www.opengroup.org/austin/login.html
> > I would expect the login dialog (username, password) to come up,
> > but I get immediate the error message, that the login failed.
> >
> > Not sure whether the login should finally work, but I think
> > at least the dialog form could come up?!
> >
> Huh ? I just checked - it's NOT form. It's http authorisation request.
> And only few days ago it was discussed already. Summary:
> -- cut --
> > > links does not support http authorization.
> >
> >  Is there any chance you'll find a way to correct the previous
> > problems and re-enable it before officially releasing a new version?
> > I'm using some 0.94 pre-release (OS/2) version right now (which
> > contains this support); I'd like to upgrade to a newer version sooner
> > or later, but this won't be possible before this problem is solved.
>
> If someone cleans it up, it can be. If not, it won't be there.
>
> Mikulas
> -- cut --
>
> So all is Ok - it's not bug, it's [mis]feature :-/
>
> P.S. Hmm. At least this problem WAS discussed :-/ Last time I asked about
> "HTTP over META" bug I was simply ignored (even if I attached patch to fix it).

Well, perhaps I mixed up things ...

Here's the source of the given URL:

Downloading these documents is taken as agreement to abide by the
above notice. If you do not agree, do not proceed.
<P>
<FORM method="GET" action="http://www.opengroup.org/austin/restricted/">
<B><p>I understand and
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="accept">
the terms for accessing these documents.</B>
</FORM></td>

Then the "misfeature" is triggered by the then upcoming page
when clicking on 'accept'? Always remember that I don't understand
things beyond simple HTML ... ;-)

And if we can't have some features couldn't we have a more suitable error
message (a dialog: this page requires "Foo feature" This is not handled by links
currentlt. Press Enter to proceed)?!

--
Alexander Mai
st002279 at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de