[links-list] [ANNOUNCE] elinks-0.4pre6

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Wed May 1 02:14:58 PDT 2002

Hello,

  no, we still don't have hiearchic options. But we already started working on
them and it's making progress (just now it's needed to convert all config vars
use to function calls.. THAT will be boring! ;). No, we still don't have the
DNS bug fixed. And YES, we have PLD site working completely. I would be very
glad if you would move from pasky.ji.cz to cvs.pld.org.pl also if you're using
CVS, so that there'll be less load on my line, and update all links leading to
http://pasky.ji.cz/elinks/ to http://elinks.pld.org.pl/.

  There was a lot of improvements committed silently to the CVS. Also, Laurent
Monin (known as zas here) has CVS write access for some time already and is
helping with the development a lot.

  If this ELinks will crash to you, *PLEASE* let me know, with backtrace and
descrpition of the thing you did when it crashed, if possible (if you can
reproduce it, even better!).

  So, the main changes in elinks-0.4pre6 are (I'll be more brief in those
summary changelogs):

* spanish translation updated
* german translation updated
* ukrainian translation updated
* danish translation
* merges with Mikulas' 0.97pre
* title displaying changes
* changing title of xterm accordingly to actually viewed document
* QNX port
* basic proxy auth support
* secure saving support (see secure_save option desc. if you're doing weird
  things with your links files like symlinking or nonstandart permissions!!!)
* Lua/OpenSSL compile fixes on RedHats, pathetic story ;)
* cookie parsing fixes
* url parsing fixes
* rewritten part of httpauth code; bunch of bugfixes, should be more robust now
* support for utf8 i/o
* default_mime_type option
* you can have dots in extensions in ext<->mime associations
* fixed possible segfaults with very long URLs
* we now run html escaping on filenames in file:// directory listing
* clicking on the edges of screen will make the document scroll in that dir.

  Please see ChangeLog for full list of changes and credits (together with
AUTHORS).

  As unusual, the elinks itself may be now found at http://elinks.pld.org.pl/.

PS: Again, you're welcomed to join #elinks at irc.openprojects.net, if you
want to see ELinks developers alive! :)

PPS: Please use

$ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.pld.org.pl:/cvsroot co elinks

for getting CVS version of ELinks from now. It's rsync'd each 15 mins.

  Still happy cores generating and bugs reporting,

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

.
Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org