[links-list] Re: Problems with installing elinks-CVS

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Wed May 1 11:16:27 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Wed, May 01, 2002 at 08:06:20PM CEST, I got a letter,
where Jonas Fonseca <fonseca at diku.dk> told me, that...
> The problems seems to occur when running autogen.sh since I haven't
> had any problems with installing the latest elinks stable [0.3.0]
> (except when compiling it for HP-UX but that's another story ;).
>
> Has it something to do with the versions of of automake and m4 being
> used ? Seems odd since the installed versions is the same as or newer
> than the ones I use for my box at home and there I have no problems.

It is indeed odd, but who is to blame here are automake developers who don't
bother by maintaining backwards compatibility. Please use older automake or
nightly snapshots, which have Makefile.ins and ./configure already generated.

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

.
Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org