[links-list] Re: javascript, was Re: Re: Cookies

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Sun May 5 08:49:59 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Sun, May 05, 2002 at 05:30:45PM CEST, I got a letter, where
Jonas Fonseca <fonseca at diku.dk> told me, that...
> Btw. if javascript should be an option in the future a possible way could be
> with SpiderMonkey[1]. It is a C implementation of JavaScript[2].  This might
> be easier to integrate than the java implementation mentioned in the TODO
> file.

I'll first wait for some time for gLinks and see what implementation of JS they
will bring ;).

> Possibly also making a more standardized interface towards scripting based on
> how lua is done now. This could be very interesting.

This is planned, altough it's probably not what you meant. Please don't mix
scripting and scripting. Lua does something completely different than JS. Lua
is browser-side scripting, JS is document-side scripting.

> <vision>
> Make it possible to do ruby or bash scripts in HTML pages. Making links
> a kind of webshell engine.
> </vision>

It'd be nice to have at least possibility to use Lua in HTML ;). But .. I don't
think I'm the one who would implement it :^).

> [1] http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey
> [2] Don't know if the license is a problem though.

It could be. It should be EcmaScript ;). I haven't studied that issue yet.

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

.
Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org