[links-list] Re: javascript, was Re: Re: Cookies

Jonas Fonseca fonseca at diku.dk
Sun May 5 09:23:19 PDT 2002

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 05:49:59PM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
> > Btw. if javascript should be an option in the future a possible way [...]
>
> I'll first wait for some time for gLinks and see what implementation of JS they
> will bring ;).

Can you give a pointer to info on gLinks ? Google is not very helpful. :)

> > Possibly also making a more standardized interface towards scripting based on
> > how lua is done now. This could be very interesting.
>
> This is planned, altough it's probably not what you meant. Please don't mix
> scripting and scripting. Lua does something completely different than JS. Lua
> is browser-side scripting, JS is document-side scripting.

Yes for security reasons the two should be seperated but won't it be the
same 'engine' that does the work with different 'modes' of behaviour or
rights ?

> It'd be nice to have at least possibility to use Lua in HTML ;). But .. I don't
> think I'm the one who would implement it :^).

You could do some fun stuff with bookmarks and such. And if the hole bfu
was made with HTML as well then ... Ok I'll stop here! ;)

> > [2] Don't know if the license is a problem though.

> It could be. It should be EcmaScript ;). I haven't studied that issue yet.

Oh come on ... let's be a part of undermining webstandards. ;)
--
Jonas Fonseca
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org