[links-list] Re: javascript, was Re: Re: Cookies

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Sun May 5 09:30:25 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Sun, May 05, 2002 at 06:23:19PM CEST, I got a letter,
where Jonas Fonseca <fonseca at diku.dk> told me, that...
> On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 05:49:59PM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
> > > Btw. if javascript should be an option in the future a possible way [...]
> >
> > I'll first wait for some time for gLinks and see what implementation of JS they
> > will bring ;).
>
> Can you give a pointer to info on gLinks ? Google is not very helpful. :)

publically available informations I guess. And note that gLinks is name I gave
to it in order to be able to call it easily, it's just links -g and it'll be
part of official links, it looks.

> > > Possibly also making a more standardized interface towards scripting based on
> > > how lua is done now. This could be very interesting.
> >
> > This is planned, altough it's probably not what you meant. Please don't mix
> > scripting and scripting. Lua does something completely different than JS. Lua
> > is browser-side scripting, JS is document-side scripting.
>
> Yes for security reasons the two should be seperated but won't it be the
> same 'engine' that does the work with different 'modes' of behaviour or
> rights ?

It wouldn't. As I said, it does *completely* different things.

> > It'd be nice to have at least possibility to use Lua in HTML ;). But .. I don't
> > think I'm the one who would implement it :^).
>
> You could do some fun stuff with bookmarks and such. And if the hole bfu
> was made with HTML as well then ... Ok I'll stop here! ;)

Good for you >:).

Anyway, what did you mean with "fun stuff with bookmarks" ? ;))

> > > [2] Don't know if the license is a problem though.
>
> > It could be. It should be EcmaScript ;). I haven't studied that issue yet.
>
> Oh come on ... let's be a part of undermining webstandards. ;)

:^)

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

.
Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org