[links-list] Re: javascript, was Re: Re: Cookies

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Sun May 5 11:03:29 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Sun, May 05, 2002 at 07:21:19PM CEST, I got a letter,
where Jonas Fonseca <fonseca at diku.dk> told me, that...
> On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 06:30:25PM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
> > publically available informations I guess. And note that gLinks is name I gave
> > to it in order to be able to call it easily, it's just links -g and it'll be
> > part of official links, it looks.
>
> Ok looking forward to this then. Hmm btw:
> jonas at emma:src > links -source http://elinks.pld.org.pl/links.gif | grep Plik
> [404] File Not Found : Plik nie istnieje

Oh, it's obviously links.jpg.

> > > You could do some fun stuff with bookmarks and such. And if the hole bfu
> > > was made with HTML as well then ... Ok I'll stop here! ;)
> >
> > Good for you >:).
>
> Actually HTML is nothing but a primitive window toolkit. You can nest
> areas, there's all sorts of buttons etc. And also the way that links
> shows <select>'s fx is the same as the codepage selection option. So
> the difference might not be that big. Would be quite flexible too
> not to mention scripting could make Windows personal menus look
> like ... ;)

Well, maybe, possibly, once.. ;))

> > Anyway, what did you mean with "fun stuff with bookmarks" ? ;))
>
> Ok now you're asking for it. ;)
>
> If you have a *lot* of pages to keep up with you might want to use
> Last-modification-time to notify you when a bookmark has something new
> to offer. Ok you can possibly do this already.
>
> Else you could have a search page kind of like mozillas sidebar tuned in
> on your favorite search engine that extracted the results in a separate
> frame. (This goes under 'and such';)

I guess you could do this by some huge hack in Lua ;).

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

.
Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org