[links-list] Re: javascript, was Re: Re: Cookies

csaba.raduly at sophos.com csaba.raduly at sophos.com
Tue May 7 02:18:24 PDT 2002

On 05/05/2002 16:49:59 Pasky wrote:

>Dear diary, on Sun, May 05, 2002 at 05:30:45PM CEST, I got a letter, where
>Jonas Fonseca <fonseca at diku.dk> told me, that...
[snip suggestion of embedding Javascript interpreter]
>> Possibly also making a more standardized interface towards scripting
based on
>> how lua is done now. This could be very interesting.
>
>This is planned, although it's probably not what you meant. Please don't
mix
>scripting and scripting. Lua does something completely different than JS.
Lua
>is browser-side scripting, JS is document-side scripting.

Can't see why it won't be possible to use JS for what Lua is used now.
Instead of having two script interpreters, we could have one. We could even
write a Lua interpreter in Javascript :-)

--
Csaba Ráduly, Software Engineer                           Sophos Anti-Virus
email: csaba.raduly at sophos.com                        http://www.sophos.com

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org