[links-list] Re: HTTP Auth

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Tue May 14 08:24:53 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Mon, May 13, 2002 at 07:53:12PM CEST, I got a letter,
where Bennett Todd <bet at rahul.net> told me, that...
> 2002-05-01-06:47:21 Nige:
> > I don't get a pop up if I try to visit a URL, just an error saying Cache
> > Access Denied.
>
> Ahh, sounds like you're wanting HTTP Proxy Authorization, which
> Links doesn't yet do. Someone who both understands the HTTP (pretty
> easy to get from the RFCs) and also understands Links's HTTP auth
> code needs to prepare and submit a patch to add Proxy auth support.
>
> There are some differences between HTTP Basic Auth (which some
> older linkses, and some newer linkses, do support) and Proxy Auth.
> First, the actual error that provokes the auth is somewhat
> different, and second, it needs to be handled independantly; once
> Proxy auth has been triggered, its header should be appended to all
> queries until and unless the proxy setting changes, and any HTTP
> Basic auth that's requested should happen as normal in addition to
> the proxy auth.

There's support for proxy auth in latest development ELinks releases. However,
it's very simple - it's just done by option proxy_user and proxy_passwd, which
are set ordinarily and which are appended to the header all the time.

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

.
Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org