[links-list] Re: HTTP Auth

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Tue May 14 08:39:07 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Tue, May 14, 2002 at 05:34:41PM CEST, I got a letter,
where clemensF <ino-waiting at gmx.net> told me, that...
> > Bennett Todd:
>
> > Ahh, sounds like you're wanting HTTP Proxy Authorization, which
> > Links doesn't yet do. Someone who both understands the HTTP (pretty
> > easy to get from the RFCs) and also understands Links's HTTP auth
> > code needs to prepare and submit a patch to add Proxy auth support.
>
> for one of the biggest pieces of proxy-authentication code i've ever seen
> in digestable format, it might be easy to derive what's needed.  it is
> ipcheck http://ipcheck.sf.net, and is written in python.

Well, do you think that current proxy-auth support is inappropriate and that
we should not save proxy-auth info and always pop up http-auth-like box asking
for the neccessary credentials? I just wonder.. :)

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

.
Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org