[links-list] Re: links-current mouse

eeprom at bol.com.br eeprom at bol.com.br
Thu May 16 16:25:33 PDT 2002

Hi, Miculas. There is an easy solution for the problem. I really hate to
say that, but your failure was to use Gpm_Event.x instead of Gpm_Event.dx.

Here is your peace of code wich can be found in the framebuffer.c source

if (gev.x != lx || gev.y != ly) {
mouse_x = (gev.x - 1) * fb_xsize / fb_txt_xsize + fb_xsize / fb_txt_xsize / 2 - 1;
mouse_y = (gev.y - 1) * fb_ysize / fb_txt_ysize + fb_ysize / fb_txt_ysize / 2 - 1;
lx = gev.x, ly = gev.y;
}

Here is my peace of code

mouse_x += gev.dx * 3;
mouse_y += gev.dy * 3;

The '3' value may in future be replaced by an Acceleration variable wich
can be defined inside Links itself.

If I remove the '* 3', then I my mouse will move 1 pixel at the time. I hope
you consider this for the next release of Links.

Anyway. Links rocks, good work :)

Flash EEPROM