[links-list] Re: links with javascript & graphics

clemensF ino-waiting at gmx.net
Sat May 18 03:20:39 PDT 2002

> Petr Kulhavy:

> What do you mean with "real javascript" ?

i mean "real" versus "simulated", as in greping a page for javascripts
window.open() calls and rewriting the current URL accordingly.  this is
what one can do in lynx.  on the other hand, i see that in links.current
there are files named "javascr[ipt]" of considerable size containing java
related grammar.

now i'm wondering:  does links' javascript implement the document model
completely?  what are the current limitations?

there is a reason for me beeing nosy:  i'd need http://office.freenet.de to
work, but it is heavily javascript-mutilated.  Jonas Fonseca showed me the
trick to navigate thru such sites by scanning the source for the
window.open() function, and it really got me much further.  but real
javascript does much more of the many things i'll never need myself (but am
forced to use).

--
clemens fischer
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org