[links-list] Re: text rendered with a dot following each character

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Mon May 20 08:46:00 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Mon, May 20, 2002 at 04:10:20PM CEST, I got a letter,
where Bennett Todd <bet at rahul.net> told me, that...
> 2002-05-16-08:14:55 clemensF:
> > the following URL does not display correctly with elinks, but lynx groks it
> > fine.
>
> Interesting. I don't know how Lynx pulls it off. How is it supposed
> to be interpreted?
>
> I sucked it down with curl, the header (-D) didn't show any special
> charset or encoding or anything, but the file was nasty raw binary
> sludge that file(1) thought was a naked MP3.
>
> What is that thing?

It is UTF-16, but server doesn't tell us. And even if it will, I think (E)Links
is unable to process it.

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

.
Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org