[links-list] gpm crashes when swithing from X to console.

Wiktor Grebla greblus at poczta.onet.pl
Tue May 21 15:13:06 PDT 2002

Hi, gpm problem again.

gpm 1.19.6
Links 2.0pre1

links -g on framebuffer, works fine, but when i change to XFree and then
back to console, there is no running gpm process. In messages i have:

May 22 00:04:54 greblus gpm[1103]: imps2: PS/2 mouse failed init
maj 22 00:04:54 greblus links: Warning: closing connection
maj 22 00:04:54 greblus links: Warning: closing connection

When i try to start it again i get:
root at greblus:/home/greblus# gpm -m /dev/mouse -t imps2 -d 3
root at greblus:/home/greblus# gpm: oops() invoked from gpm.c(1003)
mouse initialization failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

If i start gpm without any arguments it starts, then i have to kill it,
and i can start it as usual.

Pozdrawiam
	W.
--
I have just had eighteen whiskeys in a row.  I do believe that is a record.
		-- Dylan Thomas, his last words
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org