[links-list] Links 2.0pre1 feedback/FreeBSD port status inquiry
ma+links at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed May 22 08:54:56 PDT 2002
I successfully compiled Linux 2.0pre1 on SuSE 7.3 (i386).
It looks good and very promising. Going to install system-wide now :-)
My observations (first impressions):
* network related:
- does not support gzip encoding on HTTP. I suggest this as a feature.
Lynx does it and virtually every graphical browser (Netscape 4, 6,
Mozilla, Opera, Internet Explorer) does it. Can significantly cut
download times. Willing to test & debug new code.
* graphics mode related:
- looks nice, but it's quite slow
- lacks borders/horizontal rulers on http://freshmeat.net/
- arrow key for "back" nonfunctional
* german translation mode:
- "_V_ideo options" Menu item clashes accelerator key with "_V_erknüpfungen"
- seems to be incomplete. Is someone working on this?
Oh, and please merge AUTH and stuff from elinks ;-)
Is anyone working on a FreeBSD port for quick install? If not, I'll do
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org
and put unsubscribe in the subject header of the message
More information about the links-list