[links-list] Re: ELinks/Links compatibility?, was Re: PLEASE DOWNLOAD: Links 2.0pre1

Petr Kulhavy brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Wed May 22 23:55:54 PDT 2002

On 23 May 2002, clemensF wrote:

> > Mikulas Patocka:
>
> > Even if links-current works for you, please delete it and download new
> > links-2.0pre1 -- it has memory consistency checks enabled and it helps us
> > to trace problems (especially in javascript). Behaviour of links-current
> > is totally random when it finds errors.
>
> i've observed random freezes, which could sometimes be recovered from by
> ^C, when havin ELinks running and starting up the new Links.  are their
> socket transactions still compatible?  i mean, can i rely on running
> current ELinks and Links at the same time, on one such socket?

Yes. But only in text mode. When you run links in graphics mode and old
links in text mode they'll run separately.

Brain

Petr `Brain' Kulhavy
<brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics,
Charles University Prague, Czech Republic

---
We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it.
                -- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org