[links-list] Re: Problem configuring links 2.0pre1

Petr Kulhavy brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Thu May 23 00:13:17 PDT 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Pierre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to configure links-2.0pre1 on my Linux and i got this :
>
> [...]
> checking for png.h... no
> checking for png_create_info_struct in -lpng... yes
> configure: error: You need libpng to compile Links in graphics mode
>
> But I have libpng-1.2.2 installed...

Do you have libpng devel installed too? If not, install it. If yes, do
this:

export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -I/path/to/your/png.h"
export CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I/path/to/your/png.h"
export LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L/path/to/your/libpng"

and then usual configure

Brain

Petr `Brain' Kulhavy
<brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics,
Charles University Prague, Czech Republic

---
We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it.
                -- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org