[links-list] Re: Links 2.0-pre-whatever and 8-bit displays

Petr Kulhavy brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Fri May 24 10:49:22 PDT 2002

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Brian Mastenbrook wrote:

> On Fri, 24 May 2002, Petr Kulhavy wrote:
>
> > Links should install it's private colormap so when you focus links window
> > the colormap should be changed to the links one (and all other windows
> > should look ehm "interesting"), when you leave the links window, "normal"
> > X colormap is installed back.
>
> Yes, links does install its own colormap, but even with that installed the
> background color of the links window shows up red. The Solaris X server is
> quite finnicky and maybe XFree is simply hiding your problem.

And other colors are "strange" too? What versions have you tested? There
was a problem with endianity in 8-bit modes, I fixed it I think on
wednesday, it should be in 2.0pre2, it's surely in 2.0pre3.

> If 8-bit only provides 256 colors how do you get 343?

Sorry, 323.

Brain

Petr `Brain' Kulhavy
<brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics,
Charles University Prague, Czech Republic

---
You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
                -- Lazarus Long

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org