[links-list] problems with links-2.0pre3

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Fri May 24 12:41:22 PDT 2002

I am trying to use links-2.0pre3 with ssl and with javascript enabled.
First of
all, I got this message at the end of the "make".

session.o: In function `get_temp_name':
/usr/local/src/links-2.0pre3/session.c:556: the use of `tempnam' is dangerous, b
etter use `mkstemp'

But it didn't give me an error so I installed for now. Fine.
Only when I started it up, I found that i'm getting urls frequently in English
plus something mixed in in another language (maybe czech?). Very
confusing, since it's all on the same screen.
Here's a little sample.

Podtekl zasobnik otcu!

Vjizdim do fce assig[ Allow ]ji...
What is going on here and what can I do about it. I do have "English" chosen in
the setup.
I am using woody debian linux.
Also, if it's a problem with the pre3 rather than something I need to do, where
do I find a pre2 or pre1. I didn't see either of these on the home page; a
search brought up the cataloging in freshmeat but I haven't found the actual
file.

thanks.

Cheryl

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org