[links-list] Re: Links 2.0-pre-whatever and 8-bit displays

Petr Kulhavy brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Sat May 25 12:01:24 PDT 2002

On Sat, 25 May 2002, Brian Mastenbrook wrote:

> > 4) endianity of machine links is running on
> > 5) endianity of the X display
>
> A note on this: when running links on linux/i386 (little endian) and
> displaying on solaris (big endian) it looks just fine. The problem must be
> with the endian-ness of the host os.

Could you try the other combination (run on solaris and display on i386
(with 8-bit depth) )?

I don't have big endian machines at home, but at school. And I'll get
there first on monday.

Brain

Petr `Brain' Kulhavy
<brain at artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics,
Charles University Prague, Czech Republic

---
Most people are too busy to have time for anything important.

Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org