[links-list] Re: Links 2.0-pre-whatever and 8-bit displays

Brian Mastenbrook chandler at acm.roosevelt.edu
Sat May 25 13:18:47 PDT 2002

> > A note on this: when running links on linux/i386 (little endian) and
> > displaying on solaris (big endian) it looks just fine. The problem must be
> > with the endian-ness of the host os.
>
> Could you try the other combination (run on solaris and display on i386
> (with 8-bit depth) )?

When running on Solaris and displaying on 8-bit Linux/i386, it still shows
up bright red. Seems to me there's a problem when running on big-endian
hosts.

My other big endian host just had its repairs completed and is in the
process of being shipped back to me. I should be able to help debug more
comfortably with a big-endian (OS X) host and a litte-endian (Virtual PC)
host running on the same machine.

| Brian Mastenbrook                   |
| chandler at acm.roosevelt.edu          |
| http://acm.roosevelt.edu/~chandler/ |