[links-list] Re: C-r does not refetch images?

Petr Baudis pasky at pasky.ji.cz
Wed May 29 07:19:56 PDT 2002

Dear diary, on Wed, May 29, 2002 at 02:58:41PM CEST, I got a letter,
where csaba.raduly at sophos.com told me, that...

> On 29/05/2002 12:35:56 links-list-bounce wrote:
>
> >On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 08:34:53AM +0200, Petr Baudis wrote:
> >[image not reloaded with C-r]
> >> Yes, this is a bit annoying side of the fact, that (E)Links has very
> >>aggressive
> >> caching policy, that means caching everything what is possible, which I
> >> consider as likable behaviour otherwise
> >
> >yes, i think it's good behaviour too.
> >

> There seems to be no Expires: or anything similar for that image.
> If (E)Links ignored the Expires header, that would be bad.

ELinks indeed doesn't handle Expires header - I said it has very aggressive
caching policy :). So far, it didn't do much harm, though. It would be nice if
someone would implement optional more standart caching policy, however I think
I won't be the "someone" here ;).

> Maybe what's needed is a C-Shift-r (C-R) : reload ignoring cache.

Ehm, well, what else is reload than load ignoring cache? I'm sorry but I don't
really understand what do you mean here.

> (or flush the cache for the page and all images, then reload).

As I said, ELinks has no concept of images as objects "belonging" to the page
in any way.

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

.
Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler. -- Alan Cox
.
Unsubscribe: send email to links-list-request at linuxfromscratch.org