Firefox 1.5 source build gives me Deer Park Alpha2!

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 6 11:26:57 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> I would think the licenses here would apply:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/

Specifically, from this page, http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/mpl-faq.html:

" I want to distribute Mozilla (or other MPL-covered code) that I have
compiled myself but not changed. What do I have to do?

     You must

         * add a conspicuous notice stating where to find the exact
source to the binary you are distributing [3.6]
           (Note: if you are compiling a Mozilla-like package, this may
be already included, e.g. in about:.)
         * if your documentation has a section dealing with licensing or
the recipient's rights to the code, put a copy of the MPL in it. [3.5]

     You may distribute any binaries you create under a license of your
choosing, as long as it doesn't interfere with the recipients' right to
the source under the MPL [3.6].

     You may require a Mozilla Foundation trademark license if you wish
to use Mozilla Foundation trademarks (e.g. the Firefox name or logo)."

--
JH