EXT3 for root filesystem

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 9 07:32:43 PST 2005

Steve Prior wrote:

> "make defconfig" might create a good config file (I'll have to try it),
> but that doesn't help when you're setting up to do an ALFS build.

It's just an extra step before you do the build :). You've got to grab a
 config file from somewhere - spend the extra 2 minutes to create one
from the kernel source.

> All I'm suggesting is maybe putting a config file on the CD someplace
> and mentioning that it's there as a good starting point in the docs/readme.

Maybe... But first, I'd be interested in finding out if defconfig
produces *differing* .config files on different machines of the same arch.

--
JH