r1260 - trunk/etc

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Fri Dec 9 08:06:30 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

>Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
>

>>What's wrong with BOLD="\[\033[1;37m\]" ?
>>

>On my system here, that actually produces a less bright white on the
>default black background of the terminal in XFCE. The current setup is
>closer to what I intended.

OK

>Also, Alexander, have you specified somewhere the default font size for
>the XFCE Terminal? I want to decrease its size by a point or two.

packages/Terminal/terminalrc. But please make sure that Chinese glyphs
are still readable (boot, select any UTF-8 locale, start X, then look at
the output of "LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8 ls --help"). Too-small font in menus is
a bug already reported to me on #lfs-support.

BTW you can also change "DejaVu Sans Mono" to just Monospace there and
remove the comment at the top. That will better reflect what I want:
rely upon fontconfig to choose a suitable monospaced font for a given
language.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov