32-bit libraries on the 64-bit LiveCD

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Dec 11 07:02:26 PST 2005

Hello,

if I understand correctly, the 32-bit libraries (i.e. glibc) on the
x86_64 CD are only for GRUB. But now, cross-lLFS has a patch for GRUB
that makes it buildable in a pure 64-bit system. Shouldn't we consider
applying it and (for disk space reasons) moving to pure64 setup?

Removal of 32-bit libraries will also allow me to create a branch that
builds a 64-bit CD on 32-bit host by means of using qemu (as a 64-bit
emulator for everything except gcc) and cross-distcc.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov