GCC-3.4.3 test errors (seg faults)

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 12 17:25:20 PST 2005

David Murphy wrote:
>>From: Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com>
>>
>>On 12/11/05, David Murphy <glibdud at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Specs:
>>>AthlonXP 2800+, 1GB RAM
>>>LFS 6.1.1
>>>Host: LFS LiveCD 6.1.1-1
>>
>>What kernel is the LiveCD running?  What does uname give you?  Is it
>>2.6.12+?
>

> Sure nuff... 2.6.12.5
>

>>>FAIL: gcc.dg/pch/common-1.c -O0 -g (test for excess errors)
>>>FAIL: gcc.dg/pch/common-1.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)
>>>FAIL: gcc.dg/pch/common-1.c  -O1  (test for excess errors)
>>>FAIL: gcc.dg/pch/common-1.c  -Os  (test for excess errors)
>>>FAIL: gcc.dg/pch/cpp-1.c  -O0  (test for excess errors)
>>>FAIL: gcc.dg/pch/cpp-1.c  -O1  (test for excess errors)
>>>FAIL: gcc.dg/pch/cpp-1.c  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer  assembly comparison
>>>FAIL: gcc.dg/pch/cpp-2.c  -O2  assembly comparison
>>
>>These problems are supposed to only be occuring if you're running a
>>2.6.12 or greater kernel.  If you'll only be running 2.6.11.12 you can
>>ignore these since the feature causing this issue doesn't exist.
>

> To make sure I'm interpreting correctly... since I'm going to end up with
> kernel 2.6.11.12, I can safely ignore these fails?

Well that's not right. How did that slip in?

David, thanks for this post, I'll look into this more on the livecd list.

Guys, we were supposed to be following the LFS book - if we intend to
deviate on the core packages we need to discuss that. I remember
conceding on adding BLFS SVN packages into 6.1.1, but I don't recall
giving the OK for upgrading the kernel. If I did, well it's my mistake,
but I don't remember it.

(Note, I'm leaving this untrimmed so that the LiveCD team can follow the
course of this conversation in case they missed it earlier.)

--
JH