GCC-3.4.3 test errors (seg faults)

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 12 18:45:21 PST 2005

Justin R. Knierim wrote:
> Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>
>> Guys, we were supposed to be following the LFS book - if we intend to
>> deviate on the core packages we need to discuss that.
>>
> The change was not intentional.  A 6.1.1-2 release ended up being
> required anyways to fix a Xorg bug pointed out by Alexander, to update
> the nALFS profile, to issue the optional dependencies packages for
> nALFS, to fix the ssh login issue of having the wrong TZ, to fix wrong
> versions of iana-etc and man-pages in /lfs-sources and various other
> issues.  All fixed and haven't had any new bug reports yet.

Thank you Justin. Sorry for such a strong reaction. I guess I was a
little annoyed because this was the type of thing I was hoping to avoid
by just using the old scripts and adding the necessary changes...

Anyway, no real harm done, and as usual, you already had the problem
under control.

Thanks again.

--
JH