LiveCD HowTo

rick rick at ttys0.us
Tue Dec 13 10:20:44 PST 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

>Is there a need for this? Would it be useful? I'd like to hear
>everyone's opinion because documentation on the offical CD is a little
>lacking and needs re-working. I'd like to know what form it should take
>and how extensive it should be before we undertake anything.

>From the perspective of someone who is very new to building
your own distro I think this would be very useful. I still
feel like a pure newbie as I work though the process and any
additional HOWTOs that help get me to the end goal of having
my own distro on a LiveCD would be greatly appreciated.

I dont know what form it should take, other than being
complete enough for someone who may still be struggling with
some of the steps to be able to follow it to a successful
completion.

I really appreciate all of the work that has been done on
the LFS project. Thanks to all those who have contributed.

Rick Richardson