LiveCD HowTo

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Tue Dec 13 08:23:47 PST 2005

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 16:13, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> As was brought up on the blfs-dev list recently, there is no 'official'
> hint on how to create a LiveCD. I am curious what everyone thinks about
> putting together a more complete LiveCD HowTo based generally on the
> Official LiveCD.

Sounds great!

> Is there a need for this? Would it be useful?

Yes and Yes! Information is the most useful thing in the universe after energy
(-;

> I'd like to hear
> everyone's opinion because documentation on the offical CD is a little
> lacking and needs re-working. I'd like to know what form it should take
> and how extensive it should be before we undertake anything.

I think a general explanation of what makes the LiveCD work, how the different
parts contribute, and, in addition to building a full LiveCD, how to tinker
with an existing CD image to change kernels or add software without having to
build a full CD.

Just my input, as requested (-;

Cheers,

	John Gay