32-bit libraries on the 64-bit LiveCD

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 16 13:20:36 PST 2005

> once, that the CD being multilib is unnecessary to build both x86_64
> variants. So for x86_64 I would say we could shift to pure64. Though I
> will admit I have not done a lot of testing with pure64, I've been more
> interested in multilib, since I need to run things that will work only
> in 32-bit (OOo for example).

And it looks as if pure64 may not be a good option with the current
patch for grub, from a recent discussion on the cross-lfs list
(http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/cross-lfs/2005-December/000703.html)
the patch will make it compile, but grub itself doesn't work. There is a
static grub package available, but I don't know if we wanna go that
route or not.

Thomas